
Flanked by actor Chuck Norris, presidential hopeful and Former Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee spent Sunday afternoon in Macon for a rally that was decidedly Southern in nature.
The crowd of just over a thousand held signs reading, "I Like Mike" and "Us Against Them." They were there to show their support for Mike Huckabee who is running well in Georgia.
The candidate asked for people to vote for him on Super Tuesday saying that as a fellow Southerner he understands them.
"I know how to cook grits. I know how to fry catfish. I don't eat fried chicken with the skin off, with a knife and fork. A few things like that. But, I think most of us who grew up in the Deep South are only a generation away from poverty. We understand how hard we've had to work in the South to pull ourselves up by our own boot straps."
A Rasmussen survey, released on Sunday, shows John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee within three points of each other in Georgia.
GPB News Archive
GPB's News site has MOVED!
Check out our completely redesigned webpage at
for the latest in local and statewide Georgia news!
Search This Blog
Blog Archive:
Monday, February 4, 2008
Mike Huckabee in Macon
Posted by
Josephine Bennett
at
2/04/2008 07:38:00 AM
Labels: Georgia primary, john mccain, mike huckabee, Mitt Romney, presidential primary